Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kindess Is My Religion

Share it Please
I love kindness, and like his Holiness, the Dalai Lama, I think of kindness as my religion.  I am not a Christian in the common sense of word, and I’m not Jewish or Hindu or Muslim, or Pagan.  However, anything in any of those religions that has anything to do with kindness inspires me and I am drawn to learning more about it.  I notice too that if there is unkindness in a religion I’m less inclined to believe it or trust that it is true.  I think this is why I have always been touched by the words of Jesus of Nazareth to his students, instructing them to love one another and advising them them that their treatment of each other would be the telltale sign that they were his followers.  

What do people know about you by observing you?  

If, as I say it is, kindness is so important to me that I call it my religion, will people know that from observing me?  Or, will it be necessary for me to explain it?  

I made a decision a long time ago to consciously act as if kindness is very important.  I leaned that not only is kindness important to me, but it is also my greatest weakness.  Perhaps it seems that way because if I commit an act of unkindness I take it more seriously and feel the disappointment more deeply than most other transgressions.

These days I’m exploring kindness in my attitude.  I’m being mindful of how I handle people and events in my thoughts.  In some ways it is a more challenging practice than being nice with actions and word is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com