Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's On My iPad? Blogsy and Blogger+

Share it Please
Recently when my favorite iPhone and iPad blogging app, BlogPress, ran into some difficulties distributing a bug fix update on iTunes App Store, the app disappeared for a while from the store.  At first I thought it was likely to do with some broken iTunes App Store rule, fake reviews or something like that.  So I sighed deeply and bid farewell to an app I really used a lot and enjoyed.  

It turns out that BlogPress wasn't gone for ever.  Customer Service responded to my inquiry and explained that the app was temporarily removed from the store until an update correcting the bug could get approved,  Wow.  I was so glad to hear my BlogPress was still in the game.  And, while I thought it
had sunk I took some time to poke around for other Blogging Apps.  Oh my, they're out there--quite a lot more than when I first started looking for an easy, intuitive way to use my iPhone and iPad to blog from.

For iPad and iPhone I found Blogger+ which allows multiple blogs, is easy to use and has several of the features I had come to appreciate in BlogPress, such as the ability to edit already published postings, saving a post as an online draft (so you can pick it up later from your desktop.) I was happy to find Blogger+ and after learning my way though it's sections and text editor features I could see myself using it especially because it is available on both iPhone and iPad.  


I kept on looking and found Blogsy for iPad.  No iPhone version. Grumble. After I got over the grumble and tried the app I could see why it would be difficult to fit everything into the iPhone screen.  Blogsy is really for the iPad and uses up the whole space available and does so very, very nicely.  
This posting is being made using Blogsy and by dictating the text to Vlingo on my iPad.  I am a Blogsy fan now, although BlogPress is still my first and best love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com