Share it Please
As I daily read a broad range of web articles fed to me through Google Alerts I keep on reflecting back to a Vision Statement that has been the guiding force among Centers for Spiritual Living for years and it occurs to me that this statement may be describing what the Occupy movements are about: a world that works for everyone.
Global Heart Vision Statement
Whereas in this information age the “global brain” has become an operative reality, we envision the emergence of the Global Heart to balance and guide the further evolution of humanity as stewards of our planet and all its inhabitants.
- We see a world free of homelessness, violence, war, hunger, separation and disenfranchisement.
- We see a world in which there is generous and continuous sharing of heart and resources.
- We envision a world in which forgiveness, whether for errors, injustices, or debts, is the norm.
- We see a world in which borders are irrelevant.
- We see a world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature, and love through the resurgence of creativity, art, and aesthetics.
- We see a world in which fellowship with all life prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience.
- We envision a world in which we live and grow as One Global Family that respects and honors the interconnectedness of all life.
I have taken the liberty of paraphrasing and changing the last part of the Global Heart Vision, to insert the phrase Occupy Movement, just to see how it would read. I am not suggesting that this accurately represents the movement, I'm just experimenting with my own thoughts:
- We envision The Occupy Movement as a bridge across the illness and illusion of separation thereby dynamically empowering the vision of Global Heart.
- We envision The Occupy Movement as united and actuated by this compelling vision of a healthy world (a world experience of Global Heart) and is ardently committed to bringing this vision forth through its ministries and its transformative teaching.
- We see The Occupy Movement as a global community of inspired individuals caring for and about each other and the entire planetary family, thereby bringing the gift of active compassion and kindness to the world. Our Occupy Movements and communities become “points of inspiration and influence” effectively advancing the vision of the Global Heart to benefit all expressions of life.