Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Letting Go

Share it Please
Annonymous PS wrote:
Sorry I don't have a question but I do have an a-ha to share. Maybe that will give you something to write about. I realized that giving up is not the same as letting go. That realization shifted my thought. Thanks for listening. PS

I am reminded of Ernest Holmes entry on pae 233 “If one would take time, once a day at least, to let go of all that is not true and lay hold of Reality; let go of doubt, distrust, worry, condemnation and fear, and lay hold of Life in Its expressions of beauty, truth and wholeness, ones mental congestion would be healed.”

Sometimes what I have to let go of is all the busyness, craziness and deadlines....to simply be quiet....and check in with Spirit.... so that I can do the exact opposite of Give Up! I think sometimes if I don't let go and be still, I might end up Giving UP!

Probably the classic in our times on the subject of letting go is Richard Bach’s Illusions...the adventures of a reluctant messiah. If you haven't read it, here is a short extract....


“Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river.
“The current of the river swept silently over them all - young and old, rich and poor, good and evil, the current going its own way, knowing only its own crystal self.
“Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current was what each had learned from birth.
“But one creature said at last.... ‘I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I have a vision of something greater.... I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom.’
“The other creatures laughed and said, ‘Fool!’ Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed across the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!’
“But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks.
“Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.
“And the creatures downstream....to whom he was a stranger, cried, ‘See, a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah, come to save us all!’
“And the one carried in the current said, ‘I am no more Messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure.’
“But the cried all the more, ‘Savior!’ all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again, he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a Savior.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com