Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

What’s On My IPhone? Games and Entertainment too.

Share it Please

Not only do I love my iPhone for how it helps my productivity and organization, I have some annoyingly addictive games that I confess to playing with in the wee hours when I probably should be meditating or reading spiritual books.  Well, I do that too.  It’s not either/or, a spiritual teacher once said, rather both/and. 

So here is one game that entertains me.  Frustrates me is more accurate.  Until recently, when the makers released an update, I was utterly stuck on a level and seriously agitated in a way that I am pleased to have been able to hide from most people.  Embarrassing to discover that a little screen and test of wits and dexterity can do that to me.

The game is Geared by Bryan Mitchell.  For 99 cents you can have a whole bunch of fun trying to make all the cogs turn. 200 levels and, thank God, you can now skip to levels if, like me, you are completely flummoxed by one level.  This game appeals to me I think because as a child I would draw mysterious and fantastic machines with levers and cogs connected to each other just like in this game.  I can’t explain why it is so satisfying when the cogs are placed just so and everything turns.

IMG_2970

The yellow cog has to be connected with a variety of different size cogs to the blue cogs so that all of them turn.

IMG_2971

The red is the ‘no fly’ zone, strategically placed in each level to make you think and stretch.

IMG_2972

I love this game because it does make me think and I feel like I’ve been to the brain-gym after playing a level or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com