Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Monday, March 28, 2011

What's On My iPhone? My iTunes Library, Music from my past. Allison Moyet and Jon Mark

Share it Please
Old cassettes used to simply disappear or wear out. CD's last longer. Digital libraries are practically forever.

Lurking in not too frequently visited corners of my digital life is a whole history of music I used to listen to. Cleaning up digitally I found some fond friends and feel encouraged to listen to music today that I haven't heard since forever.

Alison Moyet's Alf. I recently searched YouTube and found some great old clips of Alison performing. I had never seen them before because when I fell in love with her music there was no easy way accurately retrieve video from endless, endless, endless fields of data.
Just looking at the album cover words from the album flood into my memory. "I just don't want to be lonely...," "You're no longer there...," oh the tragedy of it. No wonder I grew up all melancholic! I love this album and I wonder how many others do to.

And Land of Merlin by Jon Mark...I still love this one a lot. I personally believe I am responsible for the sale of many dozens of this one.


I played this CD many times for meditation groups I started some 20 years ago in Burbank on Saturday afternoons when I was in training for ministry. So many times that I think it laid track in my memory and even today when I played it I instantly accessed that quieter mind and settled down for some peaceful moments. Frequently after the meditations people would ask "What was that music?" It is perfect for meditation in my opinion, as training wheels as or for times when the one meditating cannot still the mind with silence alone.

One year in a particularly difficult period of my ministry I played Jon Marks CD all night and it helped me to sleep in a deep and restful way that had eluded me in the preceding days.

Looking forward to hearing from you and learning about oldies lurking on your digital media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com