Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Why Gratitude and Thanksgiving are so Important

Share it Please
Why is it important to practice gratitude and thanksgiving?  And why is it sometimes so difficult to connect with our gratitude?  These and other wonderful questions are answered in the video below.  

The final point in the video reminds us that gratitude contributes to our having a forgiving disposition, which in turn leads us to happiness.  That's what we'll be reviewing next week.  But for now, let's focus on how to connect with our uncaused center of joy. 

Blessings to you,
Edward Viljoen

A Prayer by Dr. Ernest Holmes

Bless my father and my mother, my brothers and my sisters; everyone whom I have ever depended on. I love and appreciate them. I recognize the good I received from them at the time when it was necessary that I receive that good. But now, without thinking any less of them, I know l am whole within myself. There is finally only One Father and One Mother, which is God, and in this One we are all brothers and  sisters. I love everyone but depend upon no one. Nothing can rob me of this love I have for others. It cannot be rejected, because I am Love and that which never rejects Its own creation, people, things, institutions, methods, sciences, philosophies, all are good. From each I shall learn everything that I can, and with deep gratitude acknowledge the good I am receiving from whatever source, but l am still whole within myself, dependent upon nothing, and yet always interdependent with all things.

Photo by Ben White on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com