Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Election Prayer

Share it Please
Many people on the New Thought ministers' listserve have made an agreement
to pray/treat the highest good for our country and divine guidance for all
leaders and candidates. This will take place on Sunday evenings wherever you
are from now until the election. We are engaging our congregation in this
too. This is a very exciting idea as we know the power of our word. I
thought you might like to participate too. Here are two prayers which have
been offered for starters. Love and blessings, Linda

RESOLVED: That Divine grace, Divine love, Divine wisdom hereby blesses and
sanctifies the magnificent country of the United States of America and
brings leaders of wisdom, knowledge and intelligence to be the ones to guide
and aid us to ever greater expressions of the Divine as this country. Amen

________________________________________________

My Prayer for My Country

Believing in the Divine destiny of the United States of America and in the
preservation of liberty, security, and self-expression for all, I offer
this, my prayer for my country:

I know that Divine Intelligence governs the destiny of the United States of
America, directing the thought and the activity of all who guide its
affairs.

I know that success, prosperity, and happiness are the gifts of freedom and
are the Divine heritage of everyone in this country.

I know that success, prosperity, and happiness are now operating in the
affairs of every individual in this country.

I know that Divine guidance enlightens the collective mind of the people of
this country, causing it to know that economic security may come to all
without the loss of either personal freedom or individual self-expression.

I know that no one can believe or be led to believe that freedom must be
surrendered in order to insure economic security for all.

The All-Knowing Mind contains the answer to every problem which confronts
this country. I know that every leader in this country is now directed by
this All-Knowing Mind and has the knowledge of a complete solution to every
problem. Each is compelled to act upon this knowledge to the end that
abundance, security, and peace shall come to all.

And I know that this spiritual democracy shall endure, guaranteeing to
everyone in this country personal liberty, happiness, and self-expression.

Ernest Holmes

1 comment:

  1. Rev. Ed
    From what source did you find the Ernest Holmes prayer? Thanks
    Rev. Margo Ruark in Chicago
    info@thenewhumanity.org

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com