Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend and Your Inner Knower

Share it Please
This is Memorial Day Weekend – It is a time of remembrance of those who are not here with us. Typically we call to mind those who have gone on in war. And, more broadly, this can also be time is one of honoring all of those who have died leaving a legacy of meaning and richness for those who remain.


When I think back to people in my life who have made sacrifices on my behalf , when I think of people who have given something extra that I might be OK, some of them in heroic ways, others in quiet service,

I realize that it was never what the person owned that touched me, it was never what they had stashed away in possessions or possition, rather, it was the treasure they had in heaven. By that I mean their consciousness. It was their willingness to live their lives for some greater good for all.

I encourage you to pause several times during this Memorial Day weekend, to remember those people who have passed on, who have made a significant contribution to your life and freedom, becasue of their consciousness of service. I invite you to decorate your mind with their memory, so that some of the values from which they lived their lives may continue to live in our world.


Service Music May 24, 2020

Opening Song

Christopher Fritzsche

Amen Alleluia by Gary Lynn Floyd

www.garylynnfloyd.com

Song into the Prayer

Christopher Fritzsche

America the Beautiful Lyrics by Katharine Lee Bates Music by Samuel A. Ward

Pretalk Song

Jan Garrett and JD Martin

Red Rock Jan Garrett & JD Martin

https://garrett-martin.com/index.html

Offering Song

Christopher Fritzsche

I Always Know What I Need to Know by Karen Taylor-Good

https://www.facebook.com/KarenTaylorGood.StoweGood

Closing Song

Christopher Fritzsche

Blessed Always by Rickie Byars

https://www.rickiebyars.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com