Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Giving Means To Dip Deeply Into Our True Nature

Share it Please



I allow myself to dip deeply into my Divine nature.
SOM pp. 559

The magnanimous know very well that they who give time, or money, or shelter, to the stranger - so be it done for love, and not for ostentation - do, as it were, put God under obligation to them, so perfect are the compensations of the universe.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

          When we give with the simple motive to impart love to our world, we place ourselves in a state of grace that returns to us love in the form of our needs.  There is no system of measurement in giving.  We cannot give to receive.  We cannot give money to receive wealth.  We cannot volunteer time to receive more leisure time.  We cannot give of our possessions to build up a household of treasure.  Giving to receive is a caculated transaction that is somewhat different from the desire to express love.

          If we allow ourselves to dip deeply into our true nature, we will find that we have plenty from which to draw.  The rewards come not from what is given, but from the spirit of graciousness and the openness of the heart that gives it.  The reward can never be the goal of giving, for in the moment we desire reciprocation, we remove ourselves from the flow of love and separate ourselves from the joy of giving.

I dip deep into my Divine nature.  I find within an endless desire to give, to share and to nurture.  Today I allow my motives to be centered in Love.  I expect only to give freely - letting the results of my giving fall as they may. I give thanks for my life and all that is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com