Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Enabling is Not Giving

Share it Please
About once a month we have the opportunity to hear the message from a guest or staff minister.  This is such a blessing for me because it enables me to have a regular space on my schedule to refresh, speak at another venue or just catch up with reading so that I can be inspired anew.  I'm deeply grateful to the people who respond to the invitation to deliver the message, and I'm especially grateful to day for our Assistant Minister, Rev. Joyce Duffala who recently delivered the message:

11-16-14, "Enabling Is Not Giving", Rev. Joyce Duffala



Click [here] for Audio

The theme for 2014 is The Power of Spiritual Living, and November's theme has been The Power of Receiving.  The affirmation for the month is:

I am one with the infinite and perfect Spirit.
I open my body, mind, and soul to the inflow of this Divine Presence.
My life is an expression of this Spirit.

The month has been guided by Amanda Owen's book The Power of Receiving available from our Stepping Stones Books and Gifts, an amazing place to do your holy-day shopping.

“Our feelings and intuition are two of our greatest gifts.
Too often we don't trust, rely, or act on them.” —Amanda Owen

I also want to appreciate Peter Stickney who tireless maintains the audio feed for these messages so that they can be downloaded automatically for your convenience, and also for his careful attention to keeping our radio programming up to date on KSRO 1350 on Sunday Mornings at 8:30 am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com