Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Facebook Shortcuts

Share it Please
I love applications that are intuitive to use because I’m not a fan of reading user manuals and help files.  So when I log on to Facebook, I take a deep breath because I know I’m about to land in a chaotic, anything-but-intuitive environment.  I love that it allows me to connect with people interested in our Center’s work and programs, but I don’t enjoy how information is seemingly chaotically splashed across everywhere.  I’m guessing it’s on purpose to keep users on the site longer.  It just takes that long to find anything.

Recent changes to display methods seem to have made it even more challenging to understand what is going on.  I have to keep my focus, keep breathing, log on and do what I intended to do and ignore the rest.  It’s a bit like an obstacle course with barbed wire elements ready to snare and keep you.  Paranoid?   Praps.

I read a guide recently to using keyboard combinations to quickly access Facebook features and it’s been a help.  Using the Alt key plus numbers 1 through 0 you can access Facebook’s homepage, your profile, friend requests, messages, notifications, search, compose a new message, and so on.  Try it out, Alt plus a number.  If you’re on Firefox, add shift

Most important of all – get off of Facebook as quickly as possible and get outside, whether it’s cold, raining, hot or humid. 

Do what ever you can to see a real live human being eye to eye. 

It’s always better than alt-shift-anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com