Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here, put this on it!

Share it Please
My father was like the father in My Big Fat Greek wedding who applied some household cleaner to every cut, sting, bruise and pain. I can't remember my father's version of the Windex used in the movie, but it was the same thing: an unyielding confidence in his secret formula. He was so convincing that from time to time I would find myself recommending to friends the miracle cure of a touch of whatever it was to reduce the swelling, remove the redness, fix it. You'll be OK. Just watch.

William gave me a look today when I embodied my father and his secret potion response. William was mentioning some skin irritation and before he was done speaking I was reaching into my pocket for the ever available-does-all essential oil. I didn't even know which was the lucky bottle about to be recommended, yet I knew that it would definitely meet William's need.

William just looked at me and I found it difficult not to chuckle. I had done this before with an ointment from my youth, maybe it was the one my dad loved, recommending it for everything. It got to the point where William would tease me relentlessly "its also amazing as a spaghetti SAUCE!!!"

By the way you can cook with essential oil you know. Just saying.

I like seeing the world through rose scented filters. I love the confidence of those cure touting mothers and fathers "here put this on. I've got something that will help everything."

I know its not the oil or the ointment. Its what my father had and he gave to me like my grandmother gave it to us and I give it away when I can.

It's everywhere this unsupportable hopefulness: when you are down and troubled. All those who are heavy laden. When you walk through a storm. If we hold on together.

Nothings gonna harm you. I will be there. I will give you rest. You'll not walk alone. I know our dreams will never die? Not while I'm around.

Frankincense and Lavender were in my pocket. Together, why they are literraly infallible. Just one drop of each on the spot that's ailing you and .....everything will be ok.

All is well. All is exceedingly well. And all is well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com