Welcome to my blog * thoughts and things * poetry, pictures * ideas * opinions * kindness * video * stay and read a while.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Inifite Value

Share it Please
Every second is of infinite value
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In his famous “Sermon by the Sea” the founder of Religious Science, Ernest Holmes, said these words: “Our religion is not something to be lived merely here at Asilomar, as much inspiration as we receive from it, but rather to take that consciousness which we have arrived at here back with us into whatever activities we may be engaged in. I do not believe Life is separated from Its living, anywhere.”

This is a reminder that thinking about something such as “abundance” during study or meditation is valuable, it becomes even more valuable when that thinking carries with us into the ordinary activities of our day. Taking one single idea, such as “The Universe is Infinite” and using it as a guide through one day of activities, you could devise a question such as “How is what I am doing right now an example of the idea “the Universe is Infinite?” and apply it as frequently as you remember it.

I have experimented with a timer set at random times to remind me to consider the idea I am working with for the day. When the timer goes off, I pause in my mind to see how close or distant my thinking is from “the Universe is Infinite.”

2 comments:

  1. Hafiz' comment on the challenge of keeping our attention on God...

    The Talking Rag

    It
    Was all
    So clear this morning,

    My mind and heart had never felt
    More convinced:

    There is only God,
    A Great Wild
    God.

    But somehow I got yanked from
    That annihilating
    Realization

    And can now appear again
    As this wine-stained
    Talking

    Rag.

    Such humor...Blessings from Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. “The temple bell stops, but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers.”
    ~ Matsuo Basho

    A timer used in such a manner to bring attention here...such a innovative 21st century mindfulness bell...hmm I wonder of a temple bell resonance can be attached...perhaps as a software widget. It would be good if a bell would ring for every stoplight I encounter when in a hurry I am.

    On the Plum Village website is written:

    “On your arrival you might hear a bell sound and suddenly people around you have stopped still, stopped talking, and stopped moving. It might be the telephone ringing or the clock chiming, or the monastery bell sounding. These are our bells of mindfulness. When we hear the sound of the bell we relax our body and become aware of our breathing. We do that naturally, with enjoyment, and without solemnity or being stiffed.

    When we hear one of these mindfulness bells ring, we stop all of our conversations and whatever we are doing and bring our awareness to our breathing. The ringing bell has called out to us:

    Listen, listen, this wonderful sound brings me back to my true home.”

    Our true home... the grace of the infinity of the universe...cool.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts


5 most recently updated from the blogs I'm following

Followers

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners

Science of Mind and Spirit For Begnners
"This wonderful book guides any individual to understand Science of Mind with ease and grace. It is a simple and beautiful presentation of the Spiritual Principles Science of Mind teaches. I highly recommend this book to students, licensed Practitioners and ministers. Blessings to Rev Edward." ~ Johan Gonzalez RScP. Science of Mind and Spirit for Beginners: Four Chapters in Simplified Prose, paraphrased by Edward VIljoen

Practice The Presence Journal

Practice The Presence Journal
Journaling offers a powerful way to record your spiritual growth. Writing in a journal calls on you to be more conscious of the insights that occur daily in your life. It gives you an opportunity to examine your beliefs and be mindful of your choices.

Seeing Good At Work

Seeing Good At Work
I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life. LS

Ezine.com